Join CFE Board Members Kathy Graham and Toni Diprizio at the office of Plante Moran on Thursday, September 29 for a moderated Corporate Board Chat.
Topic: How can your non-profit board experience be a value-add to corporate boards?
- What are the most notable differences between nonprofit board experience and corporate board experience?
- What are the most effective ways to overcome those differences?
- What are the similarities between nonprofit board experience and corporate boards?
- What are the best ways/practices to highlight those value adds from nonprofit boards to corporate board directors?
- What information would have been helpful to have known before making the transition to corporate boards?
- What nonprofit boards are still active in your board portfolio and how does having nonprofit and corporate boards add value?
Guest Speakers: Dorri McWhorter, JoAnn Lilek and Marsha Cruzan
Dorri C. McWhorter is an Independent Board Director for Lifeway Foods (NASDAQ), Green Thumb Industries (OTC), William Blair Funds (mutual funds/ESOP firm), and Skyway Concssion Company (CHICAGO SKYWAY/private company/government privatization).
Her corporate experience includes her current role as President & CEO, YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago; former CEO, YWCA Metropolitan Chicago; Partner, Crowe Horwath; Snap-On, & Booz Allen Hamilton. Dorri's Nonprofit board experience includes Common Impact, 1871 (Technology Business Accelerator), Chicago Council on Global Affairs, Civic Consulting Alliance, Civic Federation, Chicago Center for Arts and Technology, and Forefront.
Click to read Dorri's full bio
JoAnn Lilek is an Independent Board Director for Amalgamated Bank (NASDAQ), and Datum One Series Trust, a trademark of Northern Trust Corporation/mutual fund. She also serves on the Advisory Board for Milton's Distributing and Gordon Logistics.
Her Corporate experience includes roles as former CFO & COO, Accretive Solutions, private equity owned, sold in 2017; EVP/CFO & Corporate Secretary, Midwest Banc Holdings, Inc; CFO, DSC Logistics, Inc. EVP, ABN AMRO. JoAnn's Nonprofit board experience includes YWCA and the Illinois CPA Society.
Click to read JoAnn's full bio
Marsha A. Cruzan is an Independent Board Director for MEDICARE WIZARD, LLC, a health tech firm providing insurance agents in most states Medicare client options via a vertically integrated, online marketplace.
Her Corporate experience includes: current Regional President, IL/IN/MI, for U.S. Bank, the 5th largest U.S. commercial bank and former long-time executive for JP Morgan and its predecessor banks in Chicago. Her nonprofit board experience includes the Field Museum (Board, Exec Committee, Gov Chair); Goodman Theatre (Board, Exec Committee, Nom Chair); Lincoln Park Zoo (Board, Exec & Diversity Committees, Nom Chair); Lyric Opera (Board, Exec Committee); and Rush University Medical Center (Board).
Click to read Marsha's full bio